Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Please choose a category:
Dress and Ceremonial
- Can I wear my Mess Dress after retiring/ releasing from the Canadian Armed Forces?
- Can I wear my uniform after retiring/releasing from the Canadian Forces?
- Do regulations authorize the buying of wreaths for Remembrance Day or other official commemorative ceremonies at public expense?
- How do I acquire a copy of an official Canadian Forces badge (graphics)?
- In a flag party, can foreign flags be carried by CAF members?
- Is the use of logos permitted in the CAF? If so, what are the rules governing the production and display of a logo?
- What are the rules associated with flag protocol/etiquette?
- What constitutes the Canadian Forces?
- What is the process for the naming of a work, building and geographical feature?
- What is the process to have an official Canadian Forces badge produced?
- When does a parade have to be conducted in bilingual format?
- When they play the national anthem at a parade should I sing?
- While in the US, I was given my US jump wings. Can I wear foreign specialist skill badges on my uniform?
- Who is entitled to an official Canadian Forces badge?