Volume 4: Operational Flying Squadrons
432 All Weather Fighter Squadron
The following document is available for downloading or viewing:
For more information on accessing this file, please visit our help page.
Argent in front of a full moon Argent a cougar leaping downwards Sable armed and langued Gules.
The badge indicates the squadron's Second World War night bombing attacks on the enemy. The motto refers to the unit's fierce desire to fight for light against the darkness of oppression.
SAEVITER AD LUCEM (Ferociously towards the light)
The Second World War
ENGLISH CHANNEL AND NORTH SEA, 1943; FORTRESS EUROPE, 1943-1944; FRANCE AND GERMANY, 1944-1945; Biscay Ports, 1944; Ruhr, 1943-1945; Berlin, 1943-1944; German Ports, 1943-1945; Normandy, 1944; Rhine; BISCAY, 1943.
Authorized as 'No.432 (Bomber) Squadron' 1 May 1943.1
Disbanded 15 May 1945.2
Reformed as '432 All Weather Fighter Squadron' 1 October 1954.3
Disbanded 15 October 1961.4
The Second World War
The squadron flew on bombing operations in Great Britain under 'Bomber Command'.5
1. AFRO 1296/45, Appendix “B”; Loose minute/Note d'accompagnement 2018/D of O, 21 April 1943, Kardex 181.006 (D289)
2. Secret Message, 15 May 1943, file/dossier BC/S32518/Org, file/dossier S.2-3-432, Kardex 181.006 (D289)
3. Organization Order 34/54, 19 July 1954, file/dossier 895-9/432 (DOE), Document Collection/collection de documents 80/529
4. Organization Order 2.51, 4 August 1961, file/dossier 895-9/432 (DOE), Document Collection/collection de documents 80/529
5. Loose minute/Note d'accompagnement 2018/D of O, 21 April 1943, Kardex 181.006 (D289); No 6 (RCAF) Group, Document Collection/collection de documents 72/360; AFHS, “No.432 (Leaside) Squadron”, PRF/DRP R S7 432
Footnotes notice: This content is provided as it appears in the originating document (see PDF link above) and cannot be altered. Some notes reference annotation in only one of the official languages, and therefore numbers may not match in the content you are viewing. For clarification, we invite you to check the corresponding footnote in the French page.