The Directorate of History and Heritage - Music (DHH Music) is responsible to the Chief of Military Personnel (CMP) for providing personnel and technical advice regarding the Canadian Forces Music Branch.
Role of DHH Music
DHH Music was established to provide technical advice to all elements of the Canadian Forces Music Branch.
More specifically, the role of DHH Music is to:
- Develop and manage Music Branch policy;
- Provide advice and guidance on Branch matters to Commands;
- Conduct annual Staff Assistance Visits of all bands;
- Evaluate (adjudicate) musician qualification level testing within the policies established by current service requirements;
- Provide advice and guidance on human resources including recommending the relocation of personnel, recruitment and auditioning for the Music Branch, and
- Evaluate and recommend the authorization of official music, including marches and calls.
DHH Music Staff
- Supervisor of Music: Lieutenant-Colonel Stephen Murray
- Music Branch Chief Warrant Officer: Chief Petty Officer 1st class Dany Bilodeau
- Music Branch Chief of Staff: Major Patrick Picard
- CAF Music Branch Standards Advisor: Major Eric Gagnon
- Pipes and Drums Advisor / Standards MWO: Master Warrant Officer Steve Lanning
- Brass and Reed Standards MWO / Music Branch Auditions Coordinator:
Directorate of History and Heritage – Music
National Defence Headquarters
101 Colonel By Drive
Ottawa ON K1A 0K2