Memorials Details Search Results

(Use your browser to return to the previous page)

Memorial Number: 35061-009
Type: brass plaques (3) on wood
Location: St. Clement's Church
Address: 87 Mann Avenue
Ottawa, ON
Surveyor: W.A. Milroy & Bernard Pothier. Richard Turcotte
Photo Credit: Richard Turcotte

More photos

Erected in 1926 by a group of officers and friends of the Princess Patricia's Canadian Light Infantry, this memorial is dedicated to the memory of the war dead and veterans of the Princess Patricia's Canadian Light Infantry (PPCLI) during the First World War. It originally was located in the chapel of a women's monastery on Echo Drive, across the Rideau Canal from Lansdowne Park. In 1985 it was removed to St. Clement Chapel, Albion Road, and in 1993 the set was brought to St. Clement's new premises at 87 Mann Avenue.


[centre plaque/plaque du centre]

THIS TABLET HAS BEEN PLACED IN
THE CHAPEL IN MEMORY OF
THE OFFICERS AND MEN OF THE
PRINCESS PATRICIA'S CANADIAN LIGHT INFANTRY
BY

[left column/colonne de gauche]

COL. HAMILTON GAULT, DSO
MRS. F.W. CARLING
MRS. A.F. SLADEN

[left column/colonne de gauche]

COL. AGAR ADAMSON, DSO
MRS. E.L. NEWCOMBE
MRS. SPRUYT DE BAY

[below at centre/au centre en bas]

LADY BULLER

1926

[to the left/Ó gauche]
1914 [-] 1918

IN GRATEFUL
MEMORY OF
OUR BRAVE SOLDIERS
WHO FOUGHT
IN THE GREAT WAR

[to the right/Ó droite]
1914[-]1918

A NOS SOLDATS
GLORIEUX COMBATTANTS
DE LA
GRANDE GUERRE