Memorials Details Search Results

(Use your browser to return to the previous page)

Memorial Number: 35061-007
Type: red granite wall and metal weapon
Location: Green Island Park
Address: Sussex Drive
Ottawa, ON
Surveyor: Bernard G. Brulé

More photos

This memorial, which incorporates a long wall and an artillery field gun, was dedicated on 21 September 1959 in its original location at Major's Hill Park. It was relocated to Green Island Park and rededicated on 24 May 1998. Erected by The Royal Regiment of Canadian Artillery, this memorial is dedicated to the memory of the members of the regiment killed in the service of Canada.


[east sidecôté est]

A NOS GLORIEUX
IN GLORIOUS MEMORY OF THE OFFICERS AND MEN OF THE ROYAL REGIMENT OF CANADIAN ARTILLERY WHO GAVE THEIR LIVES IN THE SERVICE OF CANADA

[south side]

A LA GLORIEUSE MEMOIRE DES MEMBRES DU REGIMENT ROYAL DE L'ARTILLERIE CANADIENNE QUI ONT SACRIFIE LEUR VIE POUR LE CANADA

[north side]

This memorial was erected in Major's Hill Park by The Royal Regiment of Canadian Artillery and dedicated by His Excellency, Major-General Georges P. Vanier, D.S.O., M.C., C.D., Governor General of Canada, on 21 September 1959. It was rededicated on this site by The Right Honourable Antonio Lamer, P.C., C.D., LL.D., D.U., Chief Justice of Canada, on 24 May, 1998.

Ce monument commémoratif a été érigé dans le Parc Major's Hill par le Régiment royal de l'Artillerie canadienne et inauguré par Son Excellence le major-général George P. Vanier, D.S.O., C.M., C.D., Gouverneur général du Canada, le 21 septembre 1959. Il a été inauguré à ce nouvel emplacement par le très honorable Antonio Lamer, C.P., C.D., LL.D., D.U., Juge en chef du Canada, le 24 mai 1998.