Memorials Details Search Results
(Use your browser to return to the previous page)
No photo at this time.
Memorial Number: 35091-021
Type: sandstone monument with Italian marble figures and bronze plaques
Location: University of Toronto Campus
Address: needs further research
Reference: East side of campus, across from the parliament buildings
Surveyor: Shirley Drummond
This memorial is dedicated to the volunteers of 1866. It was erected by the Canadian Volunteer Monument Campaign of 1866 Committee of Toronto citizens and its chairman, Dr. McCaul, President of the University.
[EAST SIDE/CÔTÉ EST]
CANADIAN VOLUNTEERS MONUMENT CAMPAIGN OF JUNE 1866/HONOURSTHE BRAVE WHO DIED FOR THEIR COUNTRY.
[TWO BRONZE PLAQUES ERECTED BY THE QUEEN’S OWN RIFLES TO THOSE OF THE REGIMENT (NAMES GIVEN) KILLED IN ACTION OR WHODIED FROM WOUNDS./DEUX PLAQUES DE BRONZE ONT ÉTÉ ÉRIGÉES PAR LE QUEEN’S OWN RIFLES À LA MÉMOIRE DES MEMBRES DU RÉGIMENT (LES NOMS SONT INSCRITS) MORTS AU COMBAT OU DES SUITES DE BLESSURES.]
[WEST SIDE/CÔTÉ OUEST]
CANADA ERECTED THIS MONUMENT AS A MEMORIAL OF HER BRAVE SONS THE VOLUNTEERS WHO FELL AT LIME RIDGE OR DIED FROM WOUNDS RECEIVED IN ACTION OR FROM DISEASE CONTRACTED IN SERVICE WHILST DEFENDING HER FRONTIER IN JUNE 1866.